Top 5 trends in energy efficient home lighting for 2016
Looking for inspirational ideas for your home lighting projects but not sure if your options are limited in energy efficiency?
Here are our picks of the top 5 leading trends in home lighting designs that wont compromise your design for energy efficiency.
1. Globe chandeliers are the front runners in most interior designers picks. The chrome designed sphere, from Lighting Direct can be easily combined with any type of interior style.
It runs on 6- 40 watt Incandescent/LED/Fluorescent light bulbs and can be connected with a dimmer switch.
2. The Starburst LED/energy efficient chandelier by Blackjack Lighting, this is not your grandmothers’ midcentury modern chandelier. This sleek stainless steel design will suit well with a modern or farmhouse styled design.
3. Crystal chandeliers have made a comeback. This crystal chandelier from The Gallery, will make a grand statement of elegance without compromising energy costs. It runs on your choice of a 40 watt energy, halogen, compact fluorescent bulbs, LED bulbs.
4. If you prefer a simplistic style. The Bulb Buster by Walnut Grey Design has developed this popular design of “singular bulb lighting”. Bulb Buster is a modern version of the old fashioned Edison Bulbs.
The LED tear drop shaped bulb produces an incandescent warm glow that runs a life span up to 5 years.
5. Ceiling fans offer a dual purpose in energy savings. They not only help you conserve on cooling cost, but some are equipped with LED lighting mounts, like the Haiku H Series ceiling fan by Big Ass Fans, conserves an annual operation cost of $0.61 – 0.71 cents.
It’s silent award winning designed motor, has 10 unique settings and simulates a wind breeze to cool your home by 40%. This stylish ceiling fan can also be connected with NEST products.
Contact DEC for a free quote on your energy efficient lighting installation. 951-200-5262
Visit us at www.directelectricco.com for more information.